Social media secret: you must manage, monitor, and maintain it
Once your social media strategy is defined, management becomes important. You’ll need to know how to manage, monitor and maintain your social media presence in order to grow it into the the audience you want to attract. To get familiar with a social media site you are new to, consider opening a personal account and testing it out.
Motivate users to share
What motivates users to share content, and which social media or communication vehicles are they most likely to use? There are multiple drivers that may motivate them. Perhaps they are interested in:
- Sharing content to be helpful or for altruistic reasons
- Gaining a reputation of bringing value to others
- Trying to be hip or cool
- Just interested in seeing others react or being controversial
- Simply connecting with others
- Being a trendsetter
- Sharing only on a selective basis
- Trying to get something from you, the business they endorse, in return
- Helping a cause
Once you understand their motivators, then you’ll understand how to write your content to appeal to that factor and provide site features those visitors are most likely to use. Software tools are available to help craft content that’s picked up by search engines, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites to help increase traffic to your site.